World Cup Pool Commish FAQ
We are only two days away from the start of the World Cup!
Thanks for choosing MyOfficePool.ca to run your World Cup pool. This update is for our private pool commissioners to help you and your group have an excellent pool experience.
Here are answers to some common questions I receive about the pools:
- When your pool hits the entry deadline then all of the picks for all participants in your pool appear on the results page. Until then, people can only see their own picks when they are logged in.
- I added different options for your entry deadline. The default deadline is Sunday at 11:00 am Eastern, kickoff of the opening Qatar-Ecuador game. However, you can change it to kickoff Monday (8:00 am), or Tuesday (5:00 am).
Go to Commish Tools > Edit Pool to adjust your deadline. Or contact me if you'd like an alternate deadline from these options.
- People can change their picks any time up to the pool entry deadline. While we are close to the deadline now anyway, people don't need to wait to join, and potentially forget and miss out. Remind them!
- If people are interested in joining your pool but don't want to create a member account, then you can add them through your own member account, and use the alias feature to identify their entry.
- If the alias feature does not seem to be working, then it probably means you input an invalid alias name or it matches an existing member in our system. Edit the entry, choose a different alias, re-submit picks.
- If people want to join your pool after the deadline (procrastinators!), you can edit your pool and check the "allow entries after the pool deadline" option. Then input the entry, and afterwards go back and change that option.
- If you need to remove entries from your pool, then on the results page click the red button with the "x" next to the entry you want to remove. You should get a confirmation, make sure you choose the correct entry, and submit. Only the commish has access to this option. Individual users cannot remove themselves from the pool.
- You can split entries into two separate tables on the results page using the blue button with the "$" to mark each entry as paid or unpaid. If you are running a free entry pool, then don't use this button, and all entries will stay in the same table.
- Note per the rules page, points are awarded from the group stage for finishing 1st or 2nd in the group (and advancing to the knockout round). There will not be any points to award after each team's first game. Once the second game is played and some teams are guaranteed to move forward, then we start adding points.
I think that is it, and hopefully helpful. If you have an others questions about the pools then let me know. Thanks again, and enjoy the World Cup games starting Sunday!
- - - - -