Three Days to Euro!
Only three more days to join or finalize your picks in our Euro soccer pools.
Pick the 1st and 2nd place teams in each group, plus four third place teams, and all the winners through the knockout rounds to the Final.
Big-time bragging rights and $50 to the winner
Limit 1 entry per member
$22 per entry. $20 to the prize pool, $2 to cover costs.
Prizes 1st through 5th place
Private Pools Q&A
There is still time to create your own private Euro pool. Here are answers to some private pool questions I received recently:
- Yes, the service is free. Why? I created this website years go to help practice my programming skills to become a web developer, and I've run it ever since. Maybe I should charge something to help cover increasing hosting and stats feed costs, but for now, I'm good. There is no catch - your email will never be given or sold to any third party.
If you appreciate this work, please consider giving a portion of your pool funds (or prize when you win) to a worthwhile charity. Some suggestions my family supports include
Canadian Cancer Society,
Diabetes Canada, and a local Barrie charity,
COPE Service Dogs.
- No, you can't see the picks for anyone else in your pool right now. You can only see who is in the pool by their username on the results page. However, all picks will appear for everyone in your pool to see once we hit the Friday deadline.
- Do not worry if the matchups are not what you expect in later rounds. Entries earn points for picking a team to advance, regardless of who they are playing. So, picking a team to win a Round of 16 game earns points for that selection if they win. No worries about them being in the "wrong game" because they finished 1st in their group instead of 2nd.
- When a friend told me yesterday he had trouble figuring out who to pick for the third-place teams, it gave me the idea to assign random teams for anyone who doesn't make those picks. No promises, but if I can figure out how to do that then I will.
- Private pool commissioners - If you need to remove an entry (or entries) from your pool, then shoot me an email and I will take care of it for you.
I try to not be too wordy in these emails but felt that Q&A was important. If you read this far down, thanks!
- - - - -